Guns And Weapon Crimes
Chattanooga Gun and Weapon Crimes Lawyers
Protecting Your Second Amendment Rights in Chattanooga, TN
Within the last decade, the United States government has spent hundreds of millions of dollars in prosecuting various forms of gun crimes. If you have been accused of a federal gun crime, contact our office today for a consultation.We are prepared to stand in your defense and to fight for your rights in federal court. Gun crimes charged at the federal level include, but are not limited to:
- Fallacious statements made to acquire a gun
- Possession of guns or ammunition by a prohibited individual, or sale to a prohibited individual – Prohibited individuals include convicted felons, illegal aliens, fugitives, known drug users, those with a domestic restraining order, or those dishonorably discharged from the U.S. military
- Possession of a gun on a school campus
- Selling a gun to a juvenile
- Stealing a gun or ammunition or explosives
- Use of a gun in conjunction with the commission of a felony
In 2008, Attorney Bryan Hoss represented a young man who was a convicted felon. Our client was found inside a house that contained more than 40 firearms, including an AK-47. He was accused of a federal weapons offense for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Our attorney was able to build a defense case showing that these charges were not appropriate. Following a jury trial, the young man was acquitted of all counts. After months in custody, he walked out of the back of the courtroom.
Can You Have a Gun in Your Car in Tennessee?
You are allowed to have a gun in your car in Tennessee as long as you are not prohibited from owning a firearm and is in lawful possession of the motor vehicle is not in violation of the open carry law in Tennessee as long as the firearm is not carried on one’s person. Subject to some exceptions, it is unlawful to sell or transfer a handgun to any person who is intoxicated or who is prohibited from gun ownership under the law.
Call the federal criminal defense lawyers at Davis & Hoss, PC
At Davis & Hoss, PC we have represented dozens of clients charged in federal court with guns and weapon offenses. In many instances, weapon-related charges also accompany other accusations of other offenses, such as drug crimes. Whatever your situation may be, it is important that you move quickly to retain strong, competent representation from a gun crime defense lawyer who can investigate the facts of your case and present a compelling defense in court.