Driving Under the Influence in Tennessee
DUI Lawyer in Chattanooga, TN with 30 Years of Experience
Conviction of driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) in the state of Tennessee is not something to take lightly. Even a first DUI offender can face serious penalties. If this is your second, third, or subsequent conviction, the consequences can ramp up that much more. For example, a second offense DUI in Tennessee carries mandatory minimum jail time of 45 days, extending up to 11 months, 29 days – the maximum sentence allowed for a misdemeanor.
Penalties you could face:
- The fines associated with a second offense can range between $600 and $3,500.
- Your license will automatically be revoked and installation of an ignition interlock device (IID) required.
- Additional penalties such as community service hours and vehicle impoundment may be enforced.
- Third and subsequent DUI convictions will result in even more drastic punishments.
- If you have been charged with a DUI in Tennessee, it is critical that you move quickly to obtain the defense you need by hiring an experienced Chattanooga criminal defense lawyer.
Proudly Defending Various DUI Cases
We recognize that DUI cases are complex and therefore require a solid understanding of the scientific and legal processes that intersect in DUI cases. As zealous client advocates, we are fully prepared to challenge every aspect of a DUI case.
We can assist you with:
- Challenging DUI Evidence
- DUI with Injury
- Field Sobriety Tests
- Vehicular Homicide
- DUI Penalties
- Felony DUI
- First DUI
- Underage DUI
Whether this was your first DUI arrest, third DUI arrest, or if you were involved in an alcohol-related crash where someone was seriously injured or killed, we are here to help. We are intimately familiar with the effective ways to challenge DUI evidence and this includes cross-examination of the police officer and prosecution experts. To find out how we can be of further service to you, contact our knowledgeable DUI attorneys. We are on your side!